Soon...very soon I will turn 21. For me, this is the first birthday where I've ever really given a fuck. 18 was boring, went on a trip all day from school to look at a college I had no intention of going to. Joy and rapture. However, on THIS birthday, I can drink (legally)! This means my friends and I can gather at my abode for one last party before I move. Hopefully many people come. I want to have a memorable birthday...for once. Birthdays for me have usually meant "Man, I hope this next year of my life doesn't suck like the last one..." But THIS year, I will kick off my new age with a new hope. This birthday for me isn't just getting drunk and waking up with an inflatable sheep in my bed. It's my send off of my youth, and ideally the beginning of a new mature, forward thinking Ryan McNair.
I can only hope that enough of my friends and loved ones will find it in their heart to make the hour trek to my home to celebrate a new Ryan, or rather, a new ideology with me.
Birthdays aren't there to get attention and free shit (though they are fantastic perks) They are symbolic, a new era in your life, a new chapter! New years is for everyone to celebrate a new beginning together, your birthday is to celebrate your new self, your new hopes. Even your dreams.
Also, if anyone sings happy birthday, I will send my elite Jew Crew to wreck yo sheezy, na'mean?
Thursday, December 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment